Tuesday, February 01, 2005

He Knows What He Is Doing

"You rule the swelling of the sea; when it's waves rise, you still them."
-Psalm 89:9
I just love that verse. We worship a God that controls all things, the things we call small and the things we call big. My classes got canceled today which really frustrated me because I could have stayed at home for another night, but then I would have missed out on coffee with Shannon. Shannon is a good friend of mine, and her love overflows and poured into my heart tonight. When Katie called to tell me my class was canceled I was only about forty-five minutes away from College Station, thus it would have been very silly to turn around at that point, and the Lord had something different for me tonight than the hospital and home. Haley came to visit today, which is always so refreshing; she is so honest and transparency in a person is refreshing. Sometimes I can feel her praying for me. I also went to chapter tonight and got to be vulnerable with all of the girls, telling the situation and asking for their continued love and prayers. I felt so strengthened just sitting in their company. Chelsea believes in miracles more than anyone else I know. I mean she really believes in the Lord's all surpassing power never swayed by statistics or the "impossible". She is a significant reminder of God's faithfulness in my life, the ABSOLUTE TRUTH that he knows nothing else but faithfulness. My dad was suppose to come home today but because of the sores in his mouth they have decided to keep him. You know when you get strep throat and those little white pockets of puss are in your throat,(that was really descriptive sorry if that offended you) those are all in his mouth and throat. The medicine they have been using has proven to be unsuccessful and they will not send him home until they can find something to alleviate the pain and heal the sores. They are prone to cause infection and my dad can't have an infection right now. His mom flew home today and was deeply saddened. Continue to pray for her strength. My mom, grandmother, and myself sat in the kitchen last night just laughing and telling stories about when they were younger. It was good. Laughing really is medicine for the soul. Scott's fiance, Allison, is dealing with he loss of her grandfather who passed away due to acute liver failure on Saturday. Scott will be going to Midland to be with her and her family for the funeral. In the midst of a whole lot of work and a lot of life right now I am certain he must feel overwhelmed. Please pray for his presence to bring comfort to sweet Allison and that He would not feel worried or stressed out about work. I pray for his brain daily now, these boys in my family and their accounting- YIKES! Todd will be flying home this weekend and staying through Monday. Also please pray for traveling mercies consistently on our behalf. I feel like we Hooper's, are everywhere every weekend. When I say "Thank you for praying" I wish I could convey the depths of my gratitude. You all are selfless and loving and are the church being the body of Christ. I love the Lord and I feel HIS presence in each and every one of you. There is something so beautiful about all of this, don't you think?!
-Sweetest dreams, blessings, and peace.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails