Wednesday, January 12, 2005

This is My Week to Fight Back (Haley Graham, that is for you)

Hebrews 4 (14)" Therefore since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast to our confession.(15) For we do not have a high priest incapable of sympathizing with our weaknesses, but one who has been tempted in every way just as we are, yet without sin.(16) Therefore let us confidently approach the throne of grace to receive mercy and find grace whenever we need help.

He is El Roi, the God who sees. I am confident that he sees me, my brothers, and my mom- and i am also certain that he hears our prayers. Some people think that I am crazy when I say this but it is the truth whether you believe it or not. I have this thing with the Lord and it is essentially rooted in worrying and distrust in Who he really is. I find my feet leading me to the same spot every time I run in this viscious circle, frustrated, scared, and out of efforts and answers. Every time in my life that I have ever felt this way The Lord sends rain. The rain scares some people but to me it remedies every anxious nerve. It reminds me unlike anything else can that he has not forgotten me and that He is in control and still on his throne. He didn't look away and accidently let me slip through the cracks of the once tight grip he had on me- NO! He is allowing all of these circumstances into my life and they will bring Him glory. I don't know exactly where HIS hand is leading and moving but I do know that it is HIS HAND, and that is enough. I have never experienced the depths of his grace or peace until I reached a place where I felt like I was going to die without it. He is sustaining me. Today the doctors told our family that my dad at best has 2-10 months to live, and that is if and only if the chemotherapy works. My dad's real doctor is the Great Physician, Jehovah Rapha- MY HEALER! Please pray that my faith would increase and that I could authentically pray for A MIRACLE!!! I have not given up and I am going to wrestle with God until he moves! I love that he allows us to do that. My hope is not in the outcome of my dad, it is in the one who made my dad. Thanks for fighting with me on your knees. I can not tell the tears I have cried because I am so humbled by the community of the cross that surrounds me even now as I type this. I am going downstairs now to help with dinner and enjoy the rain. I will write soon. I love you all SO much and I pray blessings of peace and joy over you all. I also pray that we would all come to grasp more and fall in love with the TRUTH that this is just not our home. All my love, Kimmy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails