Sunday, January 23, 2005

All The Comforts of Home

2 Corinthians 5: 6-10 "(6)Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. (7)We live by faith, not by sight. (8)We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. (9)So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. (10)For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad."

I have been home two nights and there is just something about these walls... so familiar, so noisy with the voices of people that I deeply love, and a million memories that keep me smiling. What a strange thought... home? This place I call my house is really just my 'earthly tent', quickly fading with everything else in this life. It is good to be home and I just breathe better here, but at the same time it is so hard. Hard to watch my didi (that's what I call him), hurt and hard to watch him fight. He is a fighter. The toughest I have seen. I see him lose battles but have never seen him quit the fight or lose the war. He gets frustrated and tired and I bet he thinks about giving up but then he doesn't. He just tries harder- harder to eat, harder to take his medicine, harder to breathe, and harder to believe that His heavenly father has a perfect plan and the ability to heal him, whether he chooses to or not. His mother (my granny) and his sister (Aunt Donna), and her kids were all here today and he did great. I know he enjoys having his mom around, as we all do when we are not feeling well. Please keep his mother (Jerry) and his two sisters in mind also (Donna and Deanne). My grandmother will most likely be staying here for the entire week helping out and just loving on her baby boy! Dad ate better today, but this round of chemo really has taken a toll on him. Monday is his next treatment- PLEASE PRAY that the Lord will give him the physical strength to sustain him, for he is so weak and frail. I praise the Lord for his sufficient grace, as he has proven to be enough throughout every second, hurt, sorrow, and tear in the previous weeks and always. Isn't he good? Scott went to Lubbock yesterday and we pray also for his safe return back to Rockwall tomorrow. Also pray for Kari and Linda. Kari is the other CPA at my dad's office and Linda is my dad's secretary (secretary does this woman no justice to what she really does). They have such servant's hearts and are picking up a lot of extra work and could definitely use the extra encouragement and strenght that only comes from the Lord.

Deuteronomy 28:12
The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. "

Lord Jesus, I do praise you for building and loving a community of depraved humans that because you first loved, we are able to love each other. Thank you for these peoples prayers and thoughts. I pray that we would all seek to love and know you more. We delight in who you are and the work you do, even though at times we cannot even begin to conceive of your plans that far exceed our small human capacity. You are so big and unpredictable and unmanageable and for that, we worship you alone. Lord bless your people who pray and have been your comforting hands to me and my family during this time. May their authentic pleas for help and love and strength be honored by you. Bless them indeed.

I don't know another way to express to you all who have been walking through this with my family in any other way but to pray for you all. I realize that I do not even know all of you BUT our Father knows you intimately and he has heard your cries and seen your hearts full of sacrifice in intercession for my family and he is pleased. May the Lord smother you in blessings and spur your kind hearts on toward love and good deeds. Your times of request on behalf of the Hooper's keep me grounded in prayer and rooted in our MOST faithful Father. I love you all, Kimmy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails