Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Just Doing Life

1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Things have seemingly settled a bit; all the while my thoughts and prayers are steadfast. I am sleeping better-PRAISE GOD! I talked to my dad for a brief moment tonight and he sounded okay. The phone is proving to be inadequate, as it always does in my opinion, but when it's all you got- you just deal with it I suppose! My dad has been using a breathing machine with oxygen the last couple of days, and he thinks it is helping a little bit. I talked to his secretary today and she said that he got some of the coloring back in his cheeks! This is good news. I still am continuously concerned about the fact that he doesn't eat enough and that it is very hard for him to eat. Please pray for healing in his mouth, it is extremely raw from the radiation, and the hole in the roof of his mouth is expanding. It takes him about an hour to eat a bowl of soup. HE NEEDS HIS STRENGTH! The Lord has given me clarity about where I will reside this semester, and I have fought Him every step of the way, for it is not where I want to be. His ways are really not my ways. I will be staying in College Station. The Lord never leaves me high and dry though so he has provided what I am sure he thinks is just perfect but what I think is an okay happy medium (I am laughing as I write this sentence so you should too.) I will leave to go home on Thursdays at 3:30pm and not come back until Monday morning, that is four nights at home. I will actually spend the majority of my week at home, while still appeasing my parents as a full time Texas A&M student-WHOOP! While this will be an exhausting semester I am confident that this is where I am suppose to be. Today as I laid in bed with my room mates with hot tea just talking, laughing, and catching up, I was overwhelmed with peace. I need these people in my life right now, more than my dad or mom need me home holding their hands (which I will get to do a lot anyways.) My pride would like to disagree with that but my Spirit knows its dependency on Christ and His church. Katie Bentel and I just cried and prayed together today in her car, and all of the feelings of isolation and alonesss that I had been consumed by for the previous two hours just dissolved away. This road is long and hard but the Lord will be my strength. May grace and peace rule your hearts, Kimmy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails