Thursday, January 13, 2005

New Mercies for A Brand New Day Of Life

Matthew 4:23-24 "Jesus went throughout all of Galilee, teaching in their synagogues,preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of disease and sickness among the people. So a report about him spread throughout Syria. People brought to him all who suffered with various illnesses and afflictions, those who had seizures, paralytics, and those possessed by demons,and he healed them."

Matthew 8:28-32 "As he got into the boat, his disciples followed him. And a great storm developed on the sea so that the waves began to swamp the boat. But he was asleep. So they came and woke him up saying, Lord, save us! We are about to die!But he said to them, Why are you cowardly, you people of little faith? Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it was dead calm. And the men were amazed and said, What sort of person is this? Even the winds and the sea obey him!

Matthew 9: 20-22 "But a woman who had been suffering from a hemorrhage for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak. For she kept saying to herself, If only I touch his cloak, I will be healed. But when Jesus turned and saw her he said, Have courage, daughter! Your faith has made you well. And the woman was healed from that hour."

These are the things I have been pouring myself into over the last twenty-four hours, and there are tons more too. Healing is real and more than common. Think about all of the people the Lord restores health to and doesn't just simply take away through other occurrences like a car wreck? The number of living people far outweighs the ones we lose to illness. The other amazing thing this has done has given my family an ability to live life like never before. Life shouldn't always be made of safe choices and comfortable walls. You never know how long you have here on this earth. I am also so grateful that we have a piece of eternity already dwelling in us through HIS Spirit. Last night was so wonderful. We all laughed, cried, and talked about 'good' times. I come from such a house of love. My dad tried so hard to make me a nature girl, and while I love the outdoors he tried to make me enjoy hunting and fishing, so I guess he was half way successful. He bought me a pink zebco fishing pole when I was four; it had my name on it. I also had a little tackle box and my dad let me pick out all of the rattle traps and worms I wanted. They were all hot pink, shiny silver, and glitter! I love this man and I realize that the majority of you all praying may not even know him. I am truly sorry for that because he is the GREATEST MAN I HAVE EVER KNOWN (just take my word for it). Be encouraged, for your prayers are working! I have never been able to pray for HUGE things with such confidence. The Lord also revealed to me that the supernatural and miraculous in my eyes is the normal and mundane to him. My God has super powers, hehehe! Pretty cool huh? I am approaching his throne with more confidence in who HE IS then I ever have before. Let's continue to beat down the doors of heaven for a miracle of Complete Healing! Also pray for my brother, Todd. He is still in Lubbock and has a big test on Friday. He feels extremely removed from the situation and is having a hard time studying- NATURALLY. Scott is finished with college and lives in Rockwall which is so comforting to my parents, but Todd and I have to make some decisions about the Spring semester. Please be praying that the Lord's will would be made so clear. I really want to stay home but my parents are not crazy about the idea of that because I can come home every weekend while still attending school. I can not honestly imagine not being home right now during this time though. My dad is having a hard time breathing, eating (due to the radiation he received on his head, his mouth is completely raw) and sleeping so continue to pray for him in this regard as well. He starts the new chemotherapy on Monday!!! PRAY PRAY PRAY! I am so gracious that I can ask you all to intercede on my family's behalf. I have been extremely blessed by experiencing the church on another day other than Sunday. I have been experiencing the church every second of every day and I think that is the way it is suppose to be. All my love and deepest affection, Kimmy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails