Monday, January 17, 2005

Crazy Times in the Hooper house

Matthew 6:25-27 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Isn't there more to life than food and more to the body than clothing? Look at the birds in the sky; They do not sow, or reap, or gather into barns, yet your heavenly father feeds them. Aren't you more valuable than they are? AND WHICH OF YOU BY WORRYING CAN ADD EVEN ONE HOUR TO HIS LIFE ?
I awoke this morning to my mom yelling my car just got stolen. It took me a second to make sense of what she had said, and jumped out of bed. My dad was sitting at the desk in the living room, eating his oat meal, when he saw a man get into my mom's car, that was heating up, because she was about to take my dad to the hospital. Mom called the police and it turns out they actually found the car and the guy. He was immediately arrested, there were only three warrants out for his arrest. Yikes! I proceeded to take dad to the hospital for his chemo so mom could deal with the police reports and all of that stuff. Dr. White came in and talked briefly with us, but he is kind of a melancholy fellow and I could tell with every word he said my dad's hopes were dashed further away. I can see it in my dad's eyes that he wants so badly to believe in a miracle and I think it is a constant battle in both his head and heart. I hope you are praying for a miracle because that is the only thing that will heal my dad physically. Dr. White reiterated that they are no longer looking for a cure but just a way to buy some more time. As though we can buy time. I have to go back to school today and needless to say it has been a morning full of tears. I rejoice in what the Lord is doing, whatever that may be. There was a sign in the waiting room today that said, "Sometimes God calms the storms in our lives, and other times he lets the storm rage all around us, and calms his child." In either scenario he is still good, and sovereign. Todd's flight landed in Lubbock around 11:30am and he will be studying for the duration of the day for his test tomorrow. Scott is in the office today stepping up to resume a role he was created to do! God bless you all for your interest in my family's life and for helping us carry this load. I can not fathom going through this alone. Thank you also for your constant encouraging notes, e-mails, and phone messages. They restore my hope and fuel my prayers! I love this family of believers that surround me; you all are keepers for sure!

1 comment:

Pastor JR Vassar said...

Kim in all of this there is a beauty. There is the horror of the effects of the curse that Christ one day will fully and finally lift, but there is also a beauty. The beauty is your faith and your obvious allegiance to God and yieldedness to his purpose. Thanks for staying the course and loving God even in the muck of the fall. Our desire (and prayer) is your father's healing. Our hope is that whoever believes in Christ, though he die, he still lives. Don't confuse our desire with our hope. Lots of love from NYC Hoop.

Related Posts with Thumbnails