Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Pray for A MIRACLE

I received a phone call today around five p.m. that will forever change my life. What we thought was phnemonia has actually turned out to be more cancer and masses in his lungs. The other tumor that was removed from his shoulder just three months ago has already grown back. I have since then changed my plans a bit. I am staying the night with Abby and Katie in Waco and will be immediately driving home tomorrow morning. My dad always says that, "Life is what happens when we are busy making plans." He also says, "You shouldn't marry your plans, for most of the time they will quickly leave you." These words of wisdom surely are ringing true in my ears right now. He goes back tomorrow for some additional test and some more definite news but in the mean time we pray. Wouldn't it be amazing if when the doctor's got the scans back they were completely clear?! I believe in the power of prayer and I also believe that my God is STILL a God of miracles. Would you joing me in this plea? I know that my faith is small, and even now I am asking for the Lord to increase my faith. God can do what he says he can do. That is the absolute truth. I earnestly pray that he would be glorified in the outcome of my father's life as well as in my own life at all cost. The doctors are anything but optimistic, but something the Lord showed me about two months ago was that doctors may work with their hands but only the Lord can breathe life into a human and for that matter take it away. So in all of this I could care less about a percentage of prognosis for my dad, because his fate is not contingent on a doctor's craft but contingent on the one who created him. I am so sad and wish I could take away the pain he is experiencing but I can't. I think that is the other hard truth to swallow... I want so badly to help him and yet I feel so HELPLESS, so I pray and I ask the same of you. Thank you in advance for your dilligence and sincere prayers. I can feel them, truly feel them- they bring all surpassing peace and great joy. Sometimes I feel alone, but I know that I am not, your prayers remind me of that too. I love you all and am so blessed to be able to call you brothers and sisters.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For out light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. " 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails