Monday, January 10, 2005

A New Day Has Come

Well it was an overwhelming day today. I had my last meal with my family and will be packing up and going back to school tomorrow. I have great expectations for the upcoming semester; I had a dear friend of mine tell me a couple of months ago to "expect nothing and HOPE FOR EVERYTHING" and I think I am going to take her wise advice! I have created this page to invite those whom I love and those who are just willing to pray for me and my family, to be better informed and updated about the details of what is going on in my life! I leave tomorrow for College Station and will get settled into my home away from home only to repack and drive to Waco on Wednesday because I am going skiing with friends until Monday! I will be coming back to Rockwall on the 21st to see the family! My dad is going to the doctor tomorrow which relieves my mother and myself greatly! He is fighting with pneumonia right now and is feeling pretty yucky! Please pray for his strength and that the medications all work to get rid of it as soon as possible. In the mean time, he is getting a break from treatments which is a HUGE BLESSING (the man needs a break-TRUST ME!) My mom is just a pillar of strength and I am encouraged by her sincere faith daily! The only other really big news in my world is that my brother, Scott, is now engaged! I will finally have a real live sister! YES! (one that I truly love at that) I love you all so much and pray that we would all learn to better carry the burdens of each other as an authentic family. I know at times I certainly have felt alone, isolated, and defeated when Christ so badly wanted me to feel surrounded, comforted, and at peace! I pray that as we struggle to live in genuine community we would delight in not just listening to, but actually putting on each other's burdens and redirecting each other back to the cross!I spent the majority of last semester being, "fine" and all okay on my own (which if anyone who spent substantial amounts of time with me is reading this then you are laughing also, because CLEARLY I was not "fine"!) I need you all in my life, asking tough questions, praying intense BIG prayers and reminding me of the hope that calls me home; what can I say? I am a forgetful person. All my love, Kimmy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails