Thursday, January 27, 2005

"Baby Girl"

"Many say, 'Who can show us anything good?' Smile upon us Lord! You make us happier than those who have abundant grain and wine. I will lie down and sleep peacefully, for you Lord, make me safe and secure."
Psalm 4: 6-8
There is just something about hearing my dad call my name, and my name to him is "Baby Girl". I peeked around the corner upon arriving to his room at Medical city and there my little daddy was. I wanted to make sure that I didn't wake him if he was sleeping. I crawled in his bed and we chatted for a bit and he had me scratch his back for a long while (he loves to have his back scratched). His voice was so rich and alive, just like old times. It was amazing. Praise our Father in heaven, who has heard our cries. My dad's restoration and time in the hospital has been both necessary and beneficial. He is sleeping, eating, and talking with much improvement. The doctors drained his lungs today, which proved to be, "the most painful thing ever" (that is a direct quote..." but my dad is breathing a million times better. For further treatments of this nature they will do some numbing and pain medications but either way he is feeling like a new man tonight. Even the sores inside of his mouth have been treated and recovering at a rapid rate! Tomorrow morning we will head back to the hospital just to be with the pops. He will also be administered the second round of chemo- again I ask for your prayers regarding the treatment. Let us pray for supernatural healing and that the chemo itself would not take such a hard toll on his body, as this round is more intense than the first. However we now know where to take him if he starts hurting like he did last week... right back to the hospital. My mom is such a champ. I am convinced that she is super woman and there is a stylish cape tucked under all of her clothes. She cooks, she cleans, she still works full time, she is a PHENOMENAL care taker and in the midst of all of that she finds time to be my closest friend and the most sacrificial mom that has ever been. She in short is from the Lord, but please keep her close to your minds because she feels extremely pulled in all of these different directions and should rest assure that the Lord is more than pleased with her selfless heart. You people, I call my family in Christ, thank you again for carrying this burden with us. If it isn't our neighbor's the Smiths bringing food and pies than it is a million cards of love, and random visitors just stopping in to check on us. You all are truly a family to be thankful for, and thankful we are. May God's infinite peace far exceed your conceptual knowledge and be more of a reality than worrying and more than "nice" but the air we breathe. I am about to go to sleep and can't wait- I am tired. My deepest love, Kimmy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails