Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Rest in the Waiting Room

Matthew 5:1-9 "(1)Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, (2)and he began to teach them saying: (3)Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (4)Blessed are those who mourn,
for they WILL BE COMFORTED. (5)Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth. (6)Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they WILL BE FILLED. (7)Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy. (8)Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God. (9)Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God."

Filled I am. I can't even begin to articulate the peace that is flowing through me, but in time I would love to share more of that with you. I am comforted. Dr. White feels until his organs start shutting down, there is still a tiny bit of "hope". That isn't hope to me, hope to me is something so much more pure than what a doctor sees. Last night I spoke my peace with my daddy, even though I didn't have anything to say to him that I haven't already said to him a million times over my lifetime and our time together in the previous months. As I was sitting with him last night, I experienced my heavenly Father in a way I never have. The only way I know how to describe it is it was like a shot you receive from a doctor, an actual feeling spread throughout my body and I could feel it in the depths of my soul. Peace that surpasses understanding, the kind that really can't be made sense of. Dad's kidney since this morning, might possibly be quitting. He isn't producing very much urine. We wait. It could quite possibly come down to us making a decision, and I hope we don't have to. My prayer is one of urgency. I pray that the Lord would do whatever He wants to do and do it fast. My daddy is so precious and I told him as long as he was still kicking and fighting I wouldn't stop praying and hoping; I want him to know that he isn't alone and that we haven't given up on him. I ask the same of you and thank you in advance again for your diligence in praying. If is kidneys shut down today might be the best day of his life, but if they don't we will wait with our precious daddy. My mom is doing well today; I am in awe of the beauty of her strength- what great people I have all around me to be molded by. My mom got a hotel room next door to the hotel, and I pried myself away from my pride and stubbornness, and slept there last night. I even took a shower. I slept until 10:30am. It was much needed. Rest easy loved ones, for the Lord is taking, has taken, and will continue to take care of his little Hoopers. Love you all tons and bunches! XOXOXOXO

1 comment:

jdh said...

love you kim. how sweet a feeling is it when you actually realize that God holds true to His promises? whether comfort, or supply, or healing however He may bring it, He's a man of His word. looking forward to a big ol' hug this weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails