Wednesday, March 02, 2005

At Home At Last

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Tommy Jack Hooper (March 7, 1950 - March 2, 2005)

He is living what I am living for... I long to be at home with both of my fathers, earthly and heavenly. He went peacefully and perfectly. I am certain that God is here and I am also certain that there will not be a day that goes by that I won't wish he was still on this earth with me. He is truly the greatest man I have ever known or loved. He is everywhere: he is in my house, in the way that I am a control-freak, in the way that I like things clean, in the way I say yes mam and no sir to everyone, in the way that I vote (conservatively and republican), in the way my brothers look and look at me, and most importantly he is in my heart. I love him. I want you all to be more than encouraged. Our heavenly father is a forever FAITHFUL one. He has healed my dad in the only way we all can truly be healed, with him, in the place he went to prepare for us. I have never known such peace or grace, or felt such love. I am going to be with my family now, I will let you all know when we get details about the funeral. We are trying for Saturday, probably around 11:00am at the First United Methodist church. Things are still pending and I will let you know the for sure time and place as we know. I love you all more than you know... may God's peace and rule your hearts...love you

John 12:1-4 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."

2 comments:

jdh said...

When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the PRAYERS OF THE SAINTS. And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every TRIBE and TONGUE and PEOPLE and NATION. "You have made them to be a KINGDOM and PRIESTS TO OUR GOD; and they will reign upon the earth." Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was MYRIADS of MYRIADS, and THOUSANDS of THOUSANDS, saying with a LOUD voice, And EVERY CREATED THING which is IN HEAVEN and on the EARTH and UNDER the earth and on the sea, and ALL things in them, I heard saying, And the four living creatures kept saying, "AMEN." And the elders fell down and worshipped.

Worship!

rev 5:8-14

Kentsten said...

Kim,

You probably have no idea who I am, but I was president of ZTA when you went through rush...my name is Kristen Helpert. I knew Scott pretty well at Tech. I just want you to know that I am praying for your family and praising God for the peace He has given you. His word says that He gives peace beyond all understanding! Your devotion to Christ is evident even in your time of loss and God is going to use it to further His kingdom. I understand your jealousy of your father right now...He is with God without any pain or confusion. May we all remember that life here is so temporary, but if we give our life to Christ...we will spend eternity with Him!

Related Posts with Thumbnails