Monday, August 10, 2009

NY ... F-U-N


Chris had a meeting with his publisher in the big apple so I packed my walking shoes(heels and cab fare) and headed NE with my man. The best part was spending time aimlessly wandering around getting lost in the busy streets and scenes. Chris and I got to talk and play and just enjoy one another. That is the definition of happy in my book. Some highlights were eating, hanging out indulging in late night conversation with the Vassars and meeting some of Chris’ work people. My new favorite street in NY is Perry street. It is the greenest street I have ever seen in the city and the local pub was ideal for people watching. Sidewalk table, a good brew and millions of people walking by provided hours of entertainment. We maybe got a new hobby discovered on Bleeker street, old vinyl’s. Why did we ever let go of the pastime that is, putting a good record on and listening from start to finish? We are bringing it back. We got to dine at Mas (farmhouse) and enjoy the special exhibit at the Met, Models as Muse. The visuals were incredible. In effort to hide from the rain we stumbled into a nice cafĂ© called St. Ambroeus for the most delicious gelato and cappuccino! We got to worship at Apostles church which resulted in a lot of honest conversation about what are the things God has prompted us to do that we have been complacent about getting around to. It also just made us so grateful that we can travel somewhere and find a group of believers that treat you like invited relatives; we were received with warm affection. We packed lunches every day and spent good time in Central Park. I think my favorite place we ate though was a tiny Italian restaurant that was DELICOUS! It is called Trattoria Toscano, and the owner’s name is Franco. It has a window store front that opens into the street where a talented guitarist played subtly and beautifully. The food was exceptional and the service matched that of a five star restaurant. The owner is proud and should be. The hospitality and ambiance (and the lemoncello) were a real treat. If you are traveling to this great city any time soon, dining here is a must.


After this adventure we took the train to Boston for my work. I will post that adventure soon. To be continued…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these pictures of you two. I love you both so much!! So great chatting with you this evening. Looking forward to October.

Anonymous said...

cute kimmy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails