Thursday, July 06, 2006

happy day.

This is how my morning was spent. I am growing quite fond of this little cafe. It is directly across from the Luxemburg gardens and palace. "Bonjour, Je voudrais un cafe creme si vout plait. Merci beacoup." The server smiles at me and probably thinks I like him because I am making such a habit of my visits. If he only knew the truth... I have a coffee addiction and I just like to glance up over my journal to see the beautiful flowers across the street. What a truly amazing week it has been. I honestly feel like I have been here for a month already, as each day is long and full of life. I have met a new friend named Anna. She is from Sweden and in my class. We speak the same language. In case you were wondering, I don't speak Swedish. Her English is good and she likes practicing with me. Thus... an abroad friendship has been born. She is a beautiful and kind person. I have learned a lot from her in the short time I have known her. There is a tenderness about her that makes me just want to speak a little sweeter and softer. I introduced her to Hummy and we all three went to a bar to eat and watch France play some soccer. These people are crazy. it will be quite an experience if they win the world cup. The Lord continues to be so gracious to me. I see him everywhere, accompanied with so many truths that bluntly tell me that there is so much more to him than I choose to see. These people pray to him in different languages and he speaks to them accordingly. Thoughts of how different I am in this place flood me all day long and the really amazing thing that I can't help but go back to is the fact that we all have the same need, whether we acknowledge it or not. I love that we never quit learning about how big he is and how small we are. It is good to feel small, because I am. I love and miss you all, not a day goes by that the Lord doesn't bring different people to mind that I get to pray for and can't help but smile when the thought pops into my mind. Sweetest dreams . . .

1 comment:

Amanda Michelle Morrison said...

What a great photo, I can just see you in your little cafe' sipping on your coffee and journaling; they probably all think you are some amazing American writer who has come to this european place to get insprired...and they would be right. You are a brillant writer my friend! I'm thrilled that you are able to have these rich, wonderful, new experiences with the Lord and in Paris! You are misssed and loved!Blessings, Amanda

Related Posts with Thumbnails