Sunday, April 03, 2005

good water

John 4: 13-14 "Jesus replied, 'People soon become thirsty again after drinking this water. But the water I give them takes away thirst altogether. It become a perpetual spirit within them, giving them eternal life."

I write you with great conviction about this water that takes away thirst and how as a child of God I still am thirsty at times. I love imagery, word pictures if you will. I was thinking about my dad and how he doesn't "want" anymore. He doesn't want anything because he has EVERYTHING in Christ, in heaven. As I was envying my dad's completeness and intimacy with his maker, Christ interrupted my thoughts reminding me of the blood he shed and the Holy Spirit that LITERALLY dwells in me, as I type this HIS spirit is actually and truly INSIDE OF ME making my earthly shell it's temporary home, FOR THAT VERY REASON: I shall WANT No more. The pursuit of holiness and a relationship with Christ is one of this nature. Christ didn't want us to have to wait, that is why he gave his son and His inhabiting spirit. This is the water that takes away thirst altogether. I have really been thinking about our community in the faith and why some people loathe our family...I have decided that what an unbelieving world finds unbelievable about our God is not that we make mistakes sometimes but that if our God is really who we say he is, Sovereign, Perfect, and good and stuff, then why do we worry like the rest of the world. Why do I panic, why do we "stress out" why do we fear anything? If our family was one that exuded peace that transcended all understanding because we were in love with a God that surpassed understanding, One that we truly relied on and trusted in, then that is something that would make us believable, when the overflow of our hearts confessed the truth about Christ control and his prevailing will oppose to our cute bible verses that we tape up and yet continue to freak out, stress out, and try to take control because God just isn't really "doing the job". I stand before you, actually hiding behind my computer, and confessing guilty. Lord give me a heart that truly trust you. If I can trust you with my eternal destination and my heart then perhaps I can trust you with my busy schedule and the test I have on Tuesday. Increase my faith, be big because I am so small and be strong because I am very weak.

Thank you for your continued prayers...
1) Scott, Carrie, and Linda are working away... pray for their sanity and for Linda and Carrie's families. Work is taxing, long, and stressful right now for them all and pray especially for Scott's diligence and that he wouldn't be discouraged. He jumped into the deep end upon starting work. I LOVE YOU BUBBY!
2) My mom is a super star- she is seemingly doing well, just pray for her sweet heart that the Lord would continue to sustain her and comfort her... I think she starts at the Chamber this week!
3) Todd is finishing up his school, and is doing well. Pray for him as he still feels so far away. Pray also for his friends... Breenen Teel is one of Todd's dearest friends and is (and has) portraying the kind of friend I think Jesus wants us to be...unconditional, compassionate, and provides a lot of laughs for our whole family! The Lord is blessing Todd I am certain... LOVE YOU TOO BUBBY!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND PRAY FOR YOU AS I REMEMBER YOU THROUGHOUT MY DAY! blessings family...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails