Wednesday, April 13, 2005

so life goes...

Home this weekend was wonderful. Playing in the pool, cooking out, and laughing a whole lot. I love these people that I did not chose, the institution that God so nicely placed me in. I loved them as well as home so much that coming back to College Station proved to be a bit tougher than usual. I was sad. My living arrangements for next year fell through, and I had two test this week. I just wanted to kick something. So I had myself a good cry, a good sandwich, and a good prayer time. God is real and provides real comfort that sustains me. It is all settling in a bit more, and it still is sad to think about my precious daddy not a phone call, e-mail, or three hour drive away. People tell me that in time, the really bad hurt doesn't ever go away but will subside in taking up residency in my heart near as often. I am tired however can I just tell you that I got the best sleep last night that I have gotten in over two months. It was eight and a half hours long, non-stop, no jaw hurting, deep sleep with dreams, and I woke up feeling like a new person. Please praise our Jesus for this, I feel like what I would imagine, a new mom feels like when her newborn sleeps his/her first night the whole way through. I hope this is one many good sleeps to come. I miss Todd. I haven't seen him in three weeks. I have spoken with him often but phones never have done it for me. I have one more test tomorrow, a make-up exam on Monday and then I am all caught up other than a paper that I can turn in whenvever. You are such a loyal and faithful family. Your compassion and willingness to walk with me and my family moment by moment through this thing called love, grief, and life blesses me more than you know and more than I could ever convey. Sweetest dreams and all my love...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails