Saturday, October 25, 2008

Oopsie...

Marriage is so incredible. I am pro marriage. Chris is currently in New York and though I wish I were with him, I am managing to create enough chaos to keep me preoccupied and busy at home. In honor of feeling the Autumn air yesterday, I made a fire in the fire place. The inaugural fire in mine and Chris’ new home. It was lovely. Well, the fire was ‘out’ when I went to sleep last night and then this morning I closed the flue with my hands and even took one of the existing logs out side with my bare hands; both were cool to the touch so I didn’t think a thing about it. Well I guess maybe my moving the wood caused oxygen to reach some still hot embers. Chris called me after I had only been at work for an hour and a half and said, “Don’t panic and don’t speed but the fire department just called and our house is on fire. You need to get home as quickly and safely as possible.” The firemen said that there was billowing smoke inside the house and they broke down the door. Happy for their excitement, as they probably don’t get to knock doors down all that much. Two strapping young men from Chris’ bible study, Dave and Joseph, were at the house waiting when Hayley (coworker and life buddy) and I arrived. We assessed the damage and bopped over to Seconds and Surplus to pick out a new door. The boys had it assembled before I got home. Other than the fact that I (along with all of our earthly things) smell like a big campfire, no harm done. I told Chris I was acting out and just wanted him to come home – tee hee! Not really. We have only been married for four weeks and I have already almost burnt the house down. I am awesome at marriage!

Shout Out: for all of your home upgrade and remodeling wishes… these guys are honest, wonderful and all things lovely.

(Remodeling)
Jed Allen Construction
Dave Meadows and
Joseph Dickerson
PO Box 830681
Richardson, TX 75083
(214) 697-5700
fax (972) 744-9588
davemeadows@jedallen.com

1 comment:

Natalie Grace said...

oh kimmy.
I'm so sorry.
I'm so glad the guys were there to fix your door.

Now that it smells like a campfire, maybe you should makes some smores : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails