Monday, October 31, 2005

SSG


my girls, originally uploaded by ephesians3kh2.

All it took was about five short minutes for me to find a comfort that only comes in the midst of old friends. Melissa Reyes and Meredith Carmichael are two of my roommates from last year. Melissa is all grown up (Melissa I have a smirk on my face as I say that) and in the working world and Meredith is finishing up her last year of college. Meredith and I crashed her parents Astro’s party with full intentions of leaving but we were having so much fun we forewent the plans of leaving and partook in the adult evening! Meredith and I got to share sweet time in the car on the way back and forth, and with Melissa’s insightful question came a million tears that I apparently had been saving just for her. All in all it was a perfect evening…. There was a lot of laughing, some overdue tears, a ceremony that required us to burn artifacts of life past and rich conversation that lingered into the wee hours of the morning. When I see Melissa and Meredith, I don’t merely see a graduated working girl and an old roommate. I look just below the surface, and I find that they are the same sweet girls that they always have been, back when we shared a refrigerator, a mailbox, and a porch swing. I love you two so very much. Thanks for being such special and irreplaceable friends in my life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails