Tuesday, January 12, 2010

nyc treat

I am craving hot espresso and cold gelato from a quaint character-drenched eatery in the empire state. Sant Ambroeus Restaurant was a fortunate accident for me and my beloved. Nothing like a New York downpour to send you running indoors. We tucked away in this Italian shop to wait out the storm in style. We had espresso, coffee and gelato. Need I say more? Okay, I will. Whenever you are in any kind of restaurant that represents a region, in this case Italy and more specifically Milan, it is always good to see lots of people frequenting the establishment that are in fact native to the region being represented.
The manager knew over half of the people by name. We not only stumbled into a delicious hot spot but entered a sub-culture of Italian transplants living in the big apple. I left feeling warm, dry and grateful that they welcomed me, the girl from Texas, with such swanky hospitality. They have three locations in NYC. I have only been to the one on Madison.



1000 Madison Avenue, New York - (212) 570-2211

mille grazie

1 comment:

MISS B said...

How can this have 0 comments when it's like the best post ever? Love the identity (logo etc) and the pics and a rain + gelato story set in NYC? My goodness, keep up the good work, you can guest post on the Blahg anytime:)

xo,

Miss B.

Related Posts with Thumbnails