Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bonfire Birhtday

My darling (in a Braveheart-manly kind of a way) husband just turned 26. I had been scrambling trying to plan a surprise birthday party full of all his favorites: bonfire, friends, smores, a movie outside and lemonade. Well I won’t tell you how he found out because it would make the people responsible feel really bad, but he found out basically the first day I started planning. Instead of telling me he knew he got busy devising a surprise of his own. He went down to his local Party City and bought a very silly scary costume and made plans to jump from the woods and scare me. Which, he did. Since it was his birthday I figured that getting to dress up and try to scare me probably was more fun than the surprise I had benn planning anyways. Our dear friend Jacob made his party a reality. I could not have done 1/10th of the planning without his servant’s heart, so thanks again for that Jacob. It was a really special night and it felt like college. Celebrating is just so much fun. Some of the highlights of the night were the bull that was roaming openly on the land the whole time we were there. Hayley and I got there to set up only to find that the bull and horse thought we were bringing them their dinner. After I said, “Mr. Bull, look, we don’t have your food please leave and go to the front of the property, near the gate where you were earlier.” And that didn’t work, Hayley got brave and waved a chair at his head causing him to at least scoot back enough for us to set up.
There was a great break out Boys II Men session in which everyone burst into song. We have great friends. I feel so blessed to have a husband like Christopher James. He is just so gracious and fun. In the words of Ben Harper, “You put the happy in my ness.”

Love you hubby.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails