Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Great Outdoors

Summer is irreplaceable. We all somehow feel a little lighter, a bit of relief before the chaos that ensues once fall commences. I really enjoyed these outdoor living spaces. The first image from Smith & Hawken feels so “late night” friendly. Can’t you just see all your friends lounging in lake clothes, some guy strumming on his guitar, others turned towards each other having a private conversation and maybe a rowdy card game happening on the table? Clearly, I can. I think there is something really, dare I say… sexy, about a sophisticated outdoor living space. The perfect spot for falling in love and deep conversation that lingers into the wee hours of the morning. It is the best host for a much needed girl's night full of overdue catching up. And the last image is from Coastal Living. Baths generally always sound like a good idea to me, but take the bath outside and well, why don’t we all have one of these (with a quality fence of course.)







The only contribution to our great outdoors we’ve made so far is an antique rocking chair that my granny gave us. I adore it. As for the lounge area and bath tub, something to work towards I suppose.
*keep on hand: nice smelling bug repellent, citronella candles, lightning bugs and maybe a chilled pinot grigio.

2 comments:

Lindsay Schardt said...

love this blog :)
i want to hang out until the wee hours of the morn, catching up!

Mrs. Frazier said...

oooo i like these pics Kim... yes, outdoor living areas, you can dare say, are sexy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails