Saturday, September 17, 2005

Lately.

Well, here we are. Like I said, I am taking 19 hours this semester. Who knew one could be so educated? Although my course load is heavy I absolutely love my classes. I have never been so intellectually stimulated in my life, as far as in the classroom stuff goes. Life is just so funny. My birthday was on September 1, and I decided to come home to be with my family. The birthday honestly wasn't my favorite, as birthdays go, but I endured it and am not really expecting holidays to breeze by without experiencing the pain that each of them will be marked with. In my family's best effort to celebrate we went to three forks and requested a table for, Hooper, party of four. I hate the number four. Five is such a better, more full number. Don't you think? Scott didn't feel well and had to leave the table, and my mom's lobster wasn't cooked correctly and I found us in the middle of a dinner that was trying so hard to make the obvious pain secondary but failed. The pain triumphed and surfaced. And there we were, the four of us at three forks, wanting our number five. The next day was the 2nd. The 2nd of September, that marked the sixth month that my precious daddy has been with Jesus. Can you believe that? It has been half a year. I cannot. All of these numbers really mean nothing to me because they don't change anything, or fix anything, or make anything feel better or worse. But it is strange none the less. I have good days and bad days, and in the midst of whatever day it is or has been, the Lord embraces me, carries me, and moves me. I trust him in his leading me, loving me, and protecting me.

Enough about me, I had been hesitant to write about this but I feel like you all should know kind of what is going on in the other Hooper's lives. My oldest brother, Scott, had been engaged to a young lady named Allison, and their wedding was to be next weekend. After a lot of working through stuff, they have decided that marriage is not what they need to do right now. Scott has experienced a lot of emotional heartache and it is just one of those things that you want so badly to help in the healing but you don't really have the answer or cure all for that kind of hurt. We love him and pray for him, and he is not alone. Scott and I were talking last week about everything and his trust in a most sovereign God is real and comforts his little heart so perfectly. We love Ali, and we love Scott, and we want God's best for the both of them and if that isn't each other than we wait with Great EXPECTATION at what the Lord has in store for them each. Please pray for his mind at work; as Scott's paradigm and world have been ripped to shreds, he is still at my dad's firm which is more or less in their hands. I cannot imagine how hard and unbearable some of his days must be. I love you Scotty...... SO MUCH!

Todd, my other adorable bubby, is doing great. He completed his masters in accounting in May and moved back home to be with my mom. Todd is picking up work at the firm with ease, and is enjoying being in the daily company with his brother and best friend again. Scott and Todd are so funny together. Anyways, Todd and Scott sit for the CPA exam soon and are studying like crazy (or should be), so please pray for their brains, that they would retain the information that seems lost in their college text books.

Mom is hanging out with her Zeta sisters from college this weekend. She is something special. She is the nicest most patient woman in the world. Our house has been under reconstruction all summer and is finally starting to take on a normal feel, but is by no means completed. My mom and I are able to share in our sadness, and she always makes things just a little bit better. Her presence in my life is like the best blankey I have ever had. She is tailgating in Lubbock for Tech football games, traveling with her church trailer group "The Holy Rollers" , and stays very busy with her social life. The whole family is working out at Larry North and mom is doing great. We are all so proud of her. Her friends love her and include her and take good care of her.

Okay that is more or less the update. Oh yea, I almost forgot. After much prayerful consideration I have decided that after graduation I will be moving to New York. I am excited about being with the Vassars and the possibility of having another job amongst the people I will be going to church with. JR and Ginger Vassar are dear friends of mine. They have played an irreplaceable role in my life and growth in the faith. In January they moved to the upper east side and planted (still planting I would say) Manhattan Christian Church (http://www.nychristian.com/knowgod.htm). Check it out. and better than that PRAY For them. They are so obedient and sincerely love Jesus. I am challenged by them, each of them, even their little girl, who is only in first grade. I love you all and thank you for your love and encouragement. Blessings.............

1 comment:

Ginger Vassar said...

kim.
we love you. you have enlarged our hearts with more and more capacity to see life and love it...and our Lord who gives it. we can't wait for you to embrace NY with us.
the vassar fam.

Related Posts with Thumbnails