Thursday, July 21, 2005

My Portion

"Because of the Lord's great love we are NOT consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, :The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord." Lamentations 3: 22-26

My dad's mom lost her brother yesterday to lung cancer. He was diagnosed a week ago. She is sad, grief upon grief. The Lord is the only portion we need. This passage encourages my heart this morning... the absolute certainty that his compassions NEVER fail and mercies that are new EVERY morning. Praise Jesus indeed. I am on my way out the door to take a test and then off to HOME! Todd is back residing in Rockwall and we are all eating dinner tonight. When we sit at a table together we feel the weight of the missing man that has always been there but I draw a great comfort and strength from this banqueting table even now in his absence. This is my family. I love them.

Please continue praying for Carrie and Linda as they continue to teach, encourage, and motivate my brothers at the firm. They have both sacrificed many emotions and hours, carrying this business and equipping my very cute brothers. Thanks you two!!! Love you tons!

I love you all more than I can convey. Homebound, Kimmy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails